I’m Collin Barrett, a Christian, husband, and software developer in Memphis, TN specializing in C#/.NET and WordPress. I think Internet privacy is important, that’s why I built FilterLists. This site serves as an outlet for professional discoveries, a notepad of life experiences, and a portfolio of my work.
I grew up in Kalamazoo, MI. I met my wife during my undergraduate program at Cedarville University, and we now live in Memphis, TN where my wife is a teacher and I am a software developer. Our only other household member is a black lab-pit mix named Bailey. When we are not working or traveling to see family, we enjoy our church community, trying new restaurants, watching The Office, and drinking good coffee.
During my undergraduate program, I worked for two years as a software developer for a contractor at Wright-Patterson A.F.B. After receiving a security clearance, I focused primarily on simulator graphic systems in the research labs. Immediately after college, I worked for over two years as a computer science and robotics instructor at a private, urban school in Memphis. Currently, I am a software developer enhancing a testing framework for elevator controller dispatch algorithms at thyssenkrupp Elevator. See Résumé.
Writing is an invaluable skill to develop. My wife (who writes over at Jenny the Baker) has written in a journal almost daily for her entire life, and it has proven to be a great way to process and organize her thoughts. My dad and his brother are both excellent writers as well. Through this blog, I want to practice the skill of writing and document my life’s journey, both personal and professional.
- CSM Robotics | To Prepare for College Success in STEM – Tilt
- The Civil Rights Bus Tour: Embracing Racial Reconciliation – Cedarville University Public Relations
- Spring Break Mission Trip Promo Video Kinetic Type – Cedarville University Community Ministries
- Spring Break Mission Trip Promo Video Full – Cedarville University Community Ministries
- Cedarville Students Shine a Light in the Inner City – Cedarville University Public Relations
- Laurel Barrett’s Obituary – LifeStoryNet
This work by Collin M. Barrett is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.