I thrive building and shipping quality software. For eight years, I have developed web, cloud, and desktop solutions for finance, retail, manufacturing, education, and defense. I pursue clean and maintainable code while reducing technical debt.
.NET Web Developer
Modernizing an accounting web application used by 30,000 churches and non-profits.
- Rapidly reduced technical debt by properly refactoring legacy application for performance and maintainability.
Led development of an enterprise retail pricing application responsible for millions of dollars in candy, tobacco, beverage, and food sales. Expanded and maintained many other full-stack applications for a chain of 650 discount retail and pharmacy stores. Interviewed and onboarded many members of our rapidly growing team.
- Rebuilt an enterprise retail pricing application using modern, clean code principals for a scalable and maintainable architecture. Gathered and interpreted business requirements from a variety of stakeholders.
- Developed an API microservice for sending SMS notifications via a third-party provider.
- Built CI/CD pipelines for applications, SSIS, and stored procedures.
- Developed HIPAA-compliant BI tools for retail and specialty pharmacy.
Software Development Engineer
Expanded and maintained cloud applications, diagnostic toolsets, and embedded system software for elevator controllers.
- Led development of three C#/Windows Forms applications:
- QA testing framework to validate, verify, and report data collected from thousands of elevators in Azure
- Unit testing framework to rigorously proof all possible elevator controller scenarios
- Elevator controller simulator to communicate with a third-party door controller
- Supported development of a tool to provision embedded IoT devices to Azure.
C# / .NET Framework / Windows Forms / SQL Server / Access SQL / Azure SQL Database / Azure IoT / Visual Studio / Perforce / FogBugz
Taught computer science and robotics courses to high-performing urban secondary students. Supported school’s IT infrastructure and web development needs.
- Founding teacher of computer science department.
- Crowd-sourced fundraising, developed curriculum, and taught a new multi-course robotics track.
- Developed a WordPress site on a custom-built LEMP VPS to optimize web marketing through design, speed, and SEO.
- Developed a 1-to-1 Chromebook program providing training and resources to faculty and students.
- Deployed and optimized a new Ubiquiti Unifi Wi-Fi infrastructure on campus.
Computer Science / Robotics / Mindstorms EV3 / LabVIEW / WordPress / DigitalOcean / Cloudflare / Windows Server / Group Policy / Active Directory / Google Apps for Education / UniFi
Supported simulation applications for U.S. Air Force unmanned aerial vehicles. Represented Infoscitex at I/ITSEC (Orlando), SDAWG (Las Vegas), and local technology fairs.
- Led development of an internal distributed database application providing resource management for project managers and stakeholders.
- Authored the functional specification for a neural network application aiding a semi-autonomous cooperative control software manager for ally defensive systems.
- Authored the software requirements specification for a flight controller package which aids military helicopter pilots landing in Brown-Out conditions.
- Continued development on a UAV simulation framework and analysis toolset built on the Common Mission Automation Services Interface (CMASI).
Secret DoD Security Clearance / Java / C++ / Visual Studio / NetBeans / MS Access / Neural Networks / Enterprise Architect / UML
BSCpE Computer Engineering
- Minors in Computer Science, Mathematics, & Biblical Studies
- Developed the navigational algorithms and GUI for the Kinect Unmanned Building Explorer (KUBEx), a .NET/C# proof-of-concept autonomous reconnaissance rover aiding emergency personnel in dangerous scenarios. Served as project’s CFO.
- Top 50 Undergraduate Engineering Programs (No doctorate) – U.S. News
- ABET Accredited
- GPA 3.03
Engineering Co-Op / Resident Assistant / Data Entry Specialist / Campus Ambassador Tour Guide / Urban Ministry Team Leader / Short-Term Mission Trip Leader / Discipleship Group Leader / Intramural Basketball Captain / Pep Band Member