Senior .NET Software Engineer
Crafting clean, SOLID solutions for complex issues
I thrive in building and shipping quality software. For ten years, I have developed web, cloud, and desktop solutions for finance, retail, manufacturing, education, and defense. I pursue clean and maintainable code while reducing technical debt.
.NET Application Development Analyst II
Dec. 2018 – Present
Supporting Omega v4—a greenfield re-write of an enterprise goods tracking system across manufacturing, warehousing, and delivery for paper mills worldwide.
- Spearheaded a new security token service on ASP.NET Core with IdentityServer4, OIDC, and OAuth 2.0 granting authentication and authorization capabilities to a portfolio of APIs.
- Pioneered integration with a feature flag provider (Split.io) to support multi-variant deployment scenarios across services, environments, locations, and stakeholders.
- Introduced a fault-aware HTTP client implementation supporting highly available communication with a cluster of legacy VMS servers from an ASP.NET Web API.
C# / .NET Core / .NET Framework / Angular 7 / Angular Material / TypeScript / ASP.NET Web API / Entity Framework / PL/SQL / RabbitMQ / MassTransit / AutoFac / MediatR / FluentValidation / IdentityServer / oidc-client-js / OIDC / OAuth 2.0 / xUnit / Docker / git / Visual Studio / ReSharper / Oracle SQL Developer / Azure DevOps / DDD / CQRS / Microservices / Scrum of Scrums / Code Reviews
.NET Web Developer
Aug. 2017 – Dec. 2018
Modernized, expanded, and debugged ShelbyNext Financials—an accounting SaaS/On-Premise web application depended upon by thousands of churches and non-profits.
- Tripled performance of 50 improperly implemented Telerik reports by re-writing them to support load-balanced hosting.
- Engineered an elegant and maintainable solution for strongly-typing a messy serialized store of thousands of user preferences. bit.ly/2D14NxW
.NET Web Developer
Sep. 2016 – Aug. 2017
Supported line of business applications for a chain of 650 discount retail, pharmacy, and specialty pharmacy stores
- Led development of Direct Pricing—an enterprise retail web application responsible for millions of dollars in alcohol, tobacco, and food sales.
- Reduced our time-to-ship by implementing automated CI/CD flows for many of our applications in VSTS.
- Built a messaging microservice on ASP.NET Core to provide real-time SMS notifications to stakeholders via Twilio.
- Interviewed and on-boarded numerous members of our rapidly churning team.
Software Development Engineer
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation
Oct. 2014 – Sep. 2016
Extended a portfolio of testing and integration software applications on lab simulators and test tower elevators.
- Built a QA testing framework to validate runtime data collected from thousands of elevators in Azure SQL.
- Devised a provisioning service for Azure IoT embedded devices.
- Produced a partial elevator controller simulator to interface with a third-party door controller.
- Increased scenario coverage of an integration testing framework to rigorously proof elevator controller response.
C# / C++ / .NET Framework / Windows Forms / T-SQL / Access SQL / Azure SQL Database / Azure IoT / Visual Studio / Perforce / FogBugz
Computer Science Instructor / Technology Specialist
The Collegiate School of Memphis
May 2012 – Oct. 2014
Faculty member at a private middle/high school targeting high-performing, low-income students.
- Founded a brand new computer science and robotics department.
- Raised $10k, developed curriculum, and taught new Lego Mindstorms robotics courses.
- Launched and facilitated a school-wide Hour of Code initiative.
- Created a WordPress site from the ground up on a custom LEMP VPS to optimize marketing with UX, speed, and SEO.
- Developed a 1-to-1 Chromebook program for more than 200 high school students providing training and logistics to both faculty and scholars.
- Deployed and optimized a Ubiquiti Unifi Wi-Fi infrastructure on campus supporting more than 500 connected devices.
Mindstorms EV3 / LabVIEW / WordPress / DigitalOcean / Cloudflare / Windows Server / Group Policy / Active Directory / Google Apps for Education / UniFi
Jan. 2010 – Nov. 2011
Air Force contractor specializing in simulation solutions at the research labs of Wright-Patterson A.F.B.
- Expanded a Java UAV flight simulation framework and analysis toolset.
- Created an Enterprise Architect UML functional specification for a neural network AI defensive system.
- Authored the software requirements specification for an autonomous helicopter flight controller.
- Led the development of a distributed database application for resource management.
- Represented the organization at I/ITSEC (Orlando), SDAWG (Las Vegas), and local technology fairs.
Java / C++ / Visual Studio / NetBeans / MS Access / Neural Networks / Enterprise Architect / UML / Secret DoD Security Clearance
BSCpE, Computer Engineering
Minors in Computer Science, Mathematics, & Biblical Studies
Engineering Co-Op / Resident Assistant / Campus Tour Guide / Ministry Team Leader / Intramural Basketball Captain / Pep Band Member