I thrive in building and shipping quality software. For nearly ten years, I have developed web, cloud, and desktop solutions for finance, retail, manufacturing, education, and defense. I pursue clean and maintainable code while reducing technical debt.
.NET Application Development Analyst II
Supporting Omega—a greenfield custom enterprise goods tracking system for North American primary production facilities.
C# / .NET Framework / Angular / Angular Material / TypeScript / ASP.NET Web API / OData / Entity Framework / T-SQL / PL/SQL / AutoFac / FluentValidation / SignalR / MediatR / RabbitMQ / MassTransit / IdentityServer / xUnit / Docker / git / Visual Studio / Azure DevOps / DDD / TDD / Microservices / Agile / Code Reviews
.NET Web Developer
Modernized and expanded ShelbyNext Financials—an accounting SaaS/hosted web application for churches and non-profits. Re-wrote fifty Telerik reports implemented improperly to support load-balanced hosting.
.NET Web Developer
Led development of Directs Pricing—an enterprise retail web application responsible for millions of dollars in alcohol, tobacco, and food sales. Expanded and modernized a portfolio of other internal applications for a chain of 650 discount retail and pharmacy stores. Interviewed and on-boarded many members of our rapidly churning team.
Software Development Engineer
- Led development of three internal .NET applications:
- QA testing framework to validate, verify, and report data collected from thousands of elevators in Azure
- Unit testing framework to rigorously proof all possible elevator controller scenarios
- Elevator controller simulator to communicate with a third-party door controller
- Supported development of provisioning tool for Azure IoT embedded devices
C# / C++ / .NET Framework / Windows Forms / T-SQL / Access SQL / Azure SQL Database / Azure IoT / Visual Studio / Perforce / FogBugz
Computer Science Instructor / Technology Specialist
Taught computer science and robotics courses to high-performing urban secondary students. Supported school’s IT infrastructure and web development needs.
- Founded computer science and robotics department for high-performing urban secondary students
- Raised funding, developed curriculum, and taught Lego Mindstorms robotics courses
- Created WordPress site on custom LEMP VPS to optimize marketing with UX, speed, SEO
- Developed 1-to-1 Chromebook program providing training and logistics to faculty and students
- Deployed and optimized new Ubiquiti Unifi Wi-Fi infrastructure on campus
Mindstorms EV3 / LabVIEW / WordPress / DigitalOcean / Cloudflare / Windows Server / Group Policy / Active Directory / Google Apps for Education / UniFi
- Expanded Java UAV flight simulation framework and analysis toolset
- Created Enterprise Architect UML functional specification for neural network AI defensive system
- Authored software requirements specification for autonomous helicopter flight controller
- Led development of distributed database application for resource management
- Represented organization at I/ITSEC (Orlando), SDAWG (Las Vegas), and local technology fairs
Java / C++ / Visual Studio / NetBeans / MS Access / Neural Networks / Enterprise Architect / UML / Secret DoD Security Clearance
BSCpE Computer Engineering
- Minors in Computer Science, Mathematics, & Biblical Studies
- ABET Accredited
- Developed the navigational algorithms and GUI for a proof-of-concept autonomous reconnaissance rover aiding emergency personnel in dangerous scenarios. Served as project’s CFO.
Engineering Co-Op / Resident Assistant / Campus Tour Guide / Ministry Team Leader / Intramural Basketball Captain / Pep Band Member