I thrive building and shipping quality software. For eight years, I have developed web, cloud, and desktop solutions for finance, retail, manufacturing, education, and defense. I pursue clean and maintainable code while reducing technical debt.
.NET Web Developer
Modernizing an accounting web application used by thousands of churches and non-profits. Re-writing hundreds of Telerik Reports implemented improperly in order to support load-balanced hosting.
Led development of an enterprise retail pricing application responsible for millions of dollars in candy, tobacco, beverage, and food sales. Expanded and maintained many other full-stack applications for a chain of 650 discount retail and pharmacy stores. Interviewed and onboarded many members of our rapidly growing team.
- Rebuilt an enterprise retail pricing application using modern, clean code principals for a scalable and maintainable architecture. Gathered and interpreted business requirements from a variety of stakeholders.
- Developed an API microservice for sending SMS notifications via a third-party provider.
- Built CI/CD pipelines for applications, SSIS, and stored procedures.
- Developed HIPAA-compliant BI tools for retail and specialty pharmacy.
Software Development Engineer
Expanded and maintained cloud applications, diagnostic toolsets, and embedded system software for elevator controllers.
- Led development of three C#/Windows Forms applications:
- QA testing framework to validate, verify, and report data collected from thousands of elevators in Azure
- Unit testing framework to rigorously proof all possible elevator controller scenarios
- Elevator controller simulator to communicate with a third-party door controller
- Supported development of a tool to provision embedded IoT devices to Azure.
C# / .NET Framework / Windows Forms / SQL Server / Access SQL / Azure SQL Database / Azure IoT / Visual Studio / Perforce / FogBugz
Computer Science Instructor / Technology Specialist
Taught computer science and robotics courses to high-performing urban secondary students. Supported school’s IT infrastructure and web development needs.
- Founding teacher of computer science department.
- Crowd-sourced fundraising, developed curriculum, and taught a new multi-course robotics track.
- Developed a WordPress site on a custom-built LEMP VPS to optimize web marketing through design, speed, and SEO.
- Developed a 1-to-1 Chromebook program providing training and resources to faculty and students.
- Deployed and optimized a new Ubiquiti Unifi Wi-Fi infrastructure on campus.
Computer Science / Robotics / Mindstorms EV3 / LabVIEW / WordPress / DigitalOcean / Cloudflare / Windows Server / Group Policy / Active Directory / Google Apps for Education / UniFi
Supported simulation applications for U.S. Air Force unmanned aerial vehicles. Represented Infoscitex at I/ITSEC (Orlando), SDAWG (Las Vegas), and local technology fairs.
- Led development of an internal distributed database application providing resource management for project managers and stakeholders.
- Authored the functional specification for a neural network application aiding a semi-autonomous cooperative control software manager for ally defensive systems.
- Authored the software requirements specification for a flight controller package which aids military helicopter pilots landing in Brown-Out conditions.
- Continued development on a UAV simulation framework and analysis toolset built on the Common Mission Automation Services Interface (CMASI).
Secret DoD Security Clearance / Java / C++ / Visual Studio / NetBeans / MS Access / Neural Networks / Enterprise Architect / UML
BSCpE Computer Engineering
- Minors in Computer Science, Mathematics, & Biblical Studies
- Developed the navigational algorithms and GUI for the Kinect Unmanned Building Explorer (KUBEx), a .NET/C# proof-of-concept autonomous reconnaissance rover aiding emergency personnel in dangerous scenarios. Served as project’s CFO.
- ABET Accredited
- GPA 3.03
Engineering Co-Op / Resident Assistant / Data Entry Specialist / Campus Ambassador Tour Guide / Urban Ministry Team Leader / Short-Term Mission Trip Leader / Discipleship Group Leader / Intramural Basketball Captain / Pep Band Member