A collection of products and services that I have used and highly recommend.
- I have used DigitalOcean since 2013 to host many applications (WordPress, Matomo, and .NET Core). They provide phenomenal SSD hosting and networking services at rock bottom pricing. When you sign up using my affiliate link, you will receive $10 of free credit.
- Kraken is a fantastic image optimization service that I have used for a variety of WordPress sites since 2015. WordPress users can intelligently compress their images using the Kraken plugin.
- I have maintained registrations for most of my domains through NameSilo since 2013. They are a lesser-known registrar with an outdated website design, but they provide no-nonsense registration at some of the lowest prices available. NameSilo has excellent security and privacy options included, and I have never had any technical or billing issues with them.
- Betterment helps maximize investing dollars in an efficient, low cost, and automated fashion. We have been using it since 2013, and have been impressed with our results. When you sign up using my affiliate link, you will receive 90 days of free portfolio management.
- Since 2012, I have mined, traded, and taught cryptocurrency in a variety of capacities. Coinbase is the leading trusted source for buying and selling Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin in the United States. When you sign up using my affiliate link and buy or sell $100 worth of cryptocurrency, you will receive $10 of free Bitcoin.
- I enjoy working on occasional freelance/contract projects. While I am a proponent of value-based pricing, not all clients are willing to move away from paying hourly. For those clients, I always use Harvest to track my time and send invoices. When you sign up using my affiliate link, you will receive $10 off your first month of service.
- Personal Capital
- When I want to get a glance at our big picture finances, Personal Capital is the tool for the job. It provides real handy data like our investment performance and monthly cash flow. When you sign up for your free account and connect at least one investment account to monitor using my affiliate link, you will receive a $20 Amazon gift card.
- You Need a Budget (YNAB)
- YNAB is a budgeting software and method that has helped my wife and me to stop living paycheck-to-paycheck, increase our cash flow, and achieve many financial goals. We have been using it since 2014, and it continues to provide tremendous value. When you sign up using my affiliate link and subscribe after your 34-day free trial, you will receive a month of service for free.
- Dropbox is the long-standing internet file synchronization application. I have used it since it was first released, and it continues to do what it does well. If you happen to be one of the few that have not tried it out yet, sign up using my affiliate link to receive 500 MB of storage for free.
- Ergotron WorkFit-TL Sit-Stand Desk Converter
- My boss at fred’s offered to buy one of these for any members of his team that wanted one. I saw so much value in it that I bought one of my own when I switched companies. I currently stand for approximately 60-75% of my work day, and it helps maintain sharper mental focus. This particular model is sturdy and raises/lowers in the same vertical space which is convenient for smaller desk areas. Read more in my blog post.
- Using a unique, random password for every account is no longer optional. Hackers breach organization databases and your exposed passwords are then available to breach other accounts. My wife, my father, and I have all used LastPass for years. It is user-friendly, cross-platform, and secure. When you sign up using my affiliate link, you will receive a month of premium service for free.
- Nest Learning Thermostat
- We purchased the second generation Nest thermostat in 2013. It has not been without its quirks (read more on my blog post), but I would still recommend it to anyone with an analog or basic programmable thermostat. It has paid for itself in energy savings and provides great convenience with the ability to access its settings remotely.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links above are “affiliate links.” If you click on the link and buy the item or subscribe to the service, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I have used and believed will add value to my readers. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.