I am excited to join the Financials product development team as a web developer at Shelby Systems today. The parent company, Ministry Brands, controls a variety of technology companies serving churches, religious organizations, and non-profits. Shelby Systems has a portfolio of products primarily for churches and denomination headquarters including Management, Online Giving, Accounting, Websites, and Mobile Apps. This role will allow me to work on a product that I am excited to support, continue to expand my skillset (in software development, accounting, in addition to soft skills), and even half my commute time.
- Designs, develops and implements business applications using the .NET Framework and SQL Server technologies.
- Independently or as a team member performs programming and analysis work to automate/improve operating processes, capture and report needed information, automate modeling/forecasting routines, etc. using appropriate technology. Specific programming/analysis work in Shelby’s financial software (GL, AR/AP, PR, FA, PO).
- Recognizes probable interactions of other related programs with the assigned program(s); appropriately adjusts system design/configuration to accommodate existing software and operating environments. May modify and adapt existing systems to meet new system requests.
- Stays abreast of current trends and future technology developments via ongoing personal educational endeavors (journal reading, online research, technical certifications, etc.).
- 4-7 years development experience with C#, ASP.Net, CSS, HTML, MS SQL Server,
Web Services, SQL Reporting Service, MVC, AJAX, LINQ.
- Must have Web Development and Entity Framework experience.
- Exposure to all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Financial software programming experience.
- Familiarity with agile software development preferred.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, sufficient to effectively elicit desired programming information from users, and document programming related procedures.
Peter A says
That’s great, Collin! It’s an added bonus that your work will serve churches / ministries. God bless!
Collin M. Barrett says
Thanks, man. Yes, I really love it here so far. Great culture, team, and product.
Pat webb says
I am very happy for your new job Collin!! You will succeed at whatever you believe In! Be happy nephew!